Exceptional new role for a lawyer with Oil & Gas/ Energy experience to join the in-house legal team of a leading international energy company based in their offices in Qatar.
- Provides full range of commercial and corporate legal services, in the area of operated activities to meet the needs of the Company and protect its legal and commercial interests, including detailed advice and guidance to colleagues on specific matters based on a full understanding of the topic and detailed options and consequences to enable the client to take the optimum legal and commercial decision.
- Drafts and negotiates a wide variety of international legal agreements and contracts to comply with applicable laws, meets the needs of clients and protects the Group’s legal and commercial interests.
- Co-ordinates and prioritizes a large and varied workload, managing large amounts of documentation and securing inputs from multiple sources of varying disciplines to ensure that projects are satisfactorily completed on time and within applicable budgets.
- The Legal Counsel focuses all talent and energy on the Company to make sure that all its activities adhere to law and the relevant agreements by giving legal advice and monitoring all
- applicable legal aspects.
- Knowledge and observance of Company’s HSE policy, rules and procedures.
- Participation to HSE activities and global improvement.
- Follows up/analysis of HSE legal framework in Qatar.
- Participation in company Emergency Management Team activities (including participation in exercises and taking turn of the Legal duty phone on rota).
- Must hold a current practicing certificate (preferable in a Commonwealth Jurisdiction)- the company are particularly interested in UK qualified lawyers.
- Significant experience of providing legal support to a contracts & procurement / sourcing division: covering preparation of call for tender, supplier due diligence, negotiation, contract drafting / preparation and review, drafting and reviewing contractual correspondence (to be sent and received by company).
- Experience supporting activities related to engineering & construction, logistics, drilling & wells services, reservoirs & geoscience, marine/vessels, field operations, technical services/manpower, IT and compliance is desirable.
- Experience of reviewing supplier insurances, drafting and improving standard template contracts, letters, amendments, guarantees etc. is desirable.
- Experience supporting other business areas such as human resources, finance, and audit etc. would be advantageous.
- Experience with access & indemnity / crossing agreements, offshore construction (EPC style contracts), seismic, and drilling projects would be advantageous.
- Experience with disputes and settlements would be advantageous.
- Experience of providing / assisting with training on legal issues would be advantageous.
On offer is a highly competitive package including salary, housing allowance, travel allowance, relocation and bonus.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply, please contact:
David Thomson, Director
Telephone: +44 (0) 141 244 0260